IDBI Bank Introduces Digital Signature based 2-Factor Authentication (2FA)
Safeguard your Internet Banking transactions from online frauds
Dear Retail Net Banking User,
In our constant endeavor to make your Internet Banking experience more safe and secure, IDBI Bank has introduced "TranSecure - a Digital Signature based 2-Factor Authentication (2FA) solution" for its Retail Internet Banking users.
Every Retail Internet Banking user now has an option to procure and use a USB token [Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) compliant] based Digital Signature Certificate to validate and login securely into Internet banking channel.
Digital Signature Certificates which are powered by Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) are accepted world over as industry best practice for ensuring digital authenticity, accountability and non-repudiation in electronic transactions. The Information Technology Act (2000) provides legal recognition in India of Digital Signatures issued by licensed Indian Certifying Authorities (CA).
The 4 simple steps involved for availing the Digital Signature Certificate based 2FA facility are listed below:
Step-1: Procure a Digital Signature Certificate from any licensed Certification Authority (CA)
- Customers are required to procure a (FIPS complaint) USB token based Class II or Class III Digital Certificate for their use. The certificates may be procured from any of the below mentioned licensed Certifying Authorities in India (details available on www.cca.gov.in/)
- e-mudhra CA
- SafeScrypt CA
- (n)Code Solutions CA
- Capricorn CA
- Verasys CA
- An existing and valid USB token based Digital Certificate may also be used provided the same is intimated in writing to the Bank by the user.
Step-2: Submission of Application Form
- Post-procurement of the Digital Signature Certificate, an application form (specimen attached) needs to be duly filled and submitted to the Relationship Manager of the Bank.
- A notification (via SMS/E-mail) is sent to each of the users listed in the application form to register online and upload their digital certificates on the retailInternet banking site.
Step-3: Certificate Enrollment by Retail Net Banking User (One-time activity)
Step-4: Certificate Verification and Enablement by the Bank
- Each user is required to login and enroll/ register their digital signature certificates by logging onto net banking application with their existing credentials under the following link:
|Retail Log in Requests Digital Signature Certificate Enrollment
Please note that the Digital Signature based authentication feature is an addition to the existing authentication credentials of USER ID and Login Passwords.
- After a verification activity of ensuring that the uploaded information matches with the mandate provided by the user, the user is enabled to use the digital certificate while login into Internet Banking.
Please click on below link for FAQs and Enrollment Form to be duly filled and submitted to the Bank in order to register your Digital Certificate:
We urge you to immediately opt for the facility, so as to ensure that your online transactions take place in an enhanced secure environment.
We look forward to your co-operation in helping us to serve you better.
Security Information: DO NOT reply to any fraudulent phishing emails purportedly sent by IDBI Bank or other authorities asking for your Login ID, Password(s), account details etc. for registration of TranSecure feature or for any other reason. Please beware of such fraudulent mails, asking you to provide or update such information on a website or by clicking on a link within the email. We take your personal information seriously and will never ask for details about your Account / PINs or Passwords over the email. The Bank is not responsible for any fraudulent transactions due to compromise or inadvertent disclosure of account related information.